Cynosure Creatures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cynosure Creatures is a roleplay forum where only animal characters are allowed! Have fun roleplaying in the lands of Cynosure!

Register now and help us build Cynosure Creatures into one of the largest Animal Roleplaying Forums around!! But we can only do it if you register with us ASAP!
There are moderator spaces now open! If you want to be one, just contact the admin!
Latest topics
» New Site Logo!
Wandering around The Grey EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 23:27 by CynosureC_Admin

» New Ideas Needed! - Facebook App Active
Wandering around The Grey EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 03:08 by CynosureC_Admin

» Destiny, Syantha and Herd Exploring
Wandering around The Grey EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 05:46 by CynosureC_Admin

» Destiny, Syantha and Herd by the Falls.
Wandering around The Grey EmptySat 10 Nov 2012, 22:54 by CynosureC_Admin

» Buttons change
Wandering around The Grey EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012, 21:38 by CynosureC_Admin

» Skin Change
Wandering around The Grey EmptySat 23 Jun 2012, 06:09 by CynosureC_Admin

» Frostcall Plain: Description
Wandering around The Grey EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 03:11 by CynosureC_Admin

» Afonten Forest: Description
Wandering around The Grey EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 03:10 by CynosureC_Admin

» Bilmend Falls: Description
Wandering around The Grey EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 03:09 by CynosureC_Admin

» The Grey: Description
Wandering around The Grey EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 02:59 by CynosureC_Admin

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Keywords

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wandering around The Grey

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wandering around The Grey Empty Wandering around The Grey Mon 19 Mar 2012, 19:54

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

Daira, deciding to wander around The Grey for a while to think, stolled up to the staff. She lay down, watching the pulsing sphere.
Her eyes traced the edges of it as it throbed, inspecting for any problems that may be occuring. Daira's tail twitched.

Last edited by CynosureC_Admin on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 21:12; edited 1 time in total

https://cynosure-creatures.rpg-board.net

2Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Fri 23 Mar 2012, 19:39

HorseFreak

HorseFreak

Flight of Destiny stepped cautiously into The Grey. He looked back assuring himself that his herd is still behind him and safe. He ventured forth each step becoming more confident. His long strides covering the ground quickly. He suddenly stood frozen to the spot, staring at a snow leopard. He backed away, muscles trembling ready to flee.

3Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Fri 23 Mar 2012, 21:46

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

Suddenly, Daira's hackles rose and a tingling sensation started at the back of her mind. Someone was coming through the portal.
Electricity crackled through her fur and a horse stepped through, after looking behind itself. It looked back in the direction it was coming - towards Daira - then stopped. It had seen her. It's fear was obvious and rational, as she was a predator.
Carefully, with a lazyness that no predator has around it's prey, she stood up. Pefectly relaxed, she spoke.
"Welcome. I am Daira. What is your name?"
She made no move to approach, as she knew how skittish hoofed animals were. She stayed still her tail swishing lazily from one side to the other.

4Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Sun 25 Mar 2012, 13:09

HorseFreak

HorseFreak

Flight of Destiny shivered. He did not know if he could trust her. Maybe she is trying to convince me that she is a friend then when I'm relaxed she will attack me! Thoughts whirled around his mind. He couldn't lead her back to his herd.
He watched her carefully, trying to see if her eyes betray he words. He studied her with intense eyes. He pawed the ground, "How can I trust you Daira? I know many predators who act like this" His deep voice showing no inkling of fear.

5Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Mon 26 Mar 2012, 07:28

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

"Because without me, there is only one way out of this place for you; back through there." She lifted one of her wide paws and sweeped it regally towards the purple glow, gesturing to the portal.
She was aware that this stallion distrusted her and kept her movements relaxed and friendly. She fought to keep her tail still, as it twitching might send the wrong kind of signals to the steed.
Setting down her foot again, Daira tryed another aproach.
"I am the goddess of Cynosure. The place we are in is named The Grey and is the entrance to my lands. Cynosure is a wonderous place, a sort of paradise, if you will. Now, I know this sounds like a fox leading a rabbit to his den, but let me assure you, I do not do that."

6Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Mon 26 Mar 2012, 18:44

HorseFreak

HorseFreak

He turned his head side on showing his scar."That happened when I trusted a predator". His eyes flashed fiercely."I am not leading my herd into danger until I know there is no danger".
He looked around The Grey and back at the stake. He saw the pattern was the same as Diara. H e took a cautious step forward, eyeing the stranger carefully."Prove to me that you mean no harm to my herd"

7Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Mon 26 Mar 2012, 23:05

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

Ah. That would be why he was so reluctant. He had an entire herd that placed their lives in his... hooves.
"Have I once looked at you hungrily? Have I even showed fang or claw? No. I have no need to hunt; my lands provide me with nutrition. If I hunt, I do it for pleasure, and even then I do not kill."
Thinking there is no proof for what she said, she thought about giving him some.
"If I wanted you for meat, would I have not already pounced? Look around; if I was lying about my lands, I would either not be in this baron place, or take every opportunity to eat. That would include you and your herd. But yet I have not moved. And if that were so, would I not be as brittle as a leaf in fall? If I was that desperate for meat, I would be as thin as a twig, bones showing on every part of my body. If that is not proof, I do not know what is."
Daira sat down gracefully as if to make her argument final. Her tail curled around her right side and she found it rather hard to continue resisting her habit of flicking her tail about.
"Now, believe me or don't, but without me, there is no way for you to travel to Cynosure. You have three options:" She lifted one paw, showing the pads ontop. "Go back through the portal to your herd and live an average life, protecting them from harm," She lowered that paw, lifting the other in the same way as before. "Try to find Cynosure and become lost here forever," She placed her paw to her chest. "Or Trust me and let me lead you there myself, to a place where no predator will threaten you or your herd, only the game that have no souls or actual thoughts, where the grass is fuller and never runs out. Your choice."
She put her paw back on the floor and waited patiently.

8Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Tue 27 Mar 2012, 17:45

HorseFreak

HorseFreak

He hesitated. She sounded convincing, extremely convincing. He look back to where he came from. Would Syantha approve of placing my trust into the paws of a predator? "I am not sure. You sound very convincing. But I do not know if my lead mare will approve of this". He thought of the lush green grass and no others interfering him and his herd. He thought of the young fillies and colts, what would they see their father now as a role model. He might teach them to place their trust in a predator, that would be the end of them. He had to make up a decision now! But he had many options and many could be fatal for his foals and inexperienced mares. "Are there other herds of horses in this world you speak of?" He walked toward her until he was a step away from her. "My foals see me as their role model and I do not want them to be influenced by my decision to trust you and learn to trust such predators as you"

9Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Tue 27 Mar 2012, 20:36

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

As calm as ever, Daira replyed.
"The only predator that you and your foals must trust is me. right now, there are no other predators in Cynosure, but their are plenty of other herds, all of different grazers. They, however, have no person within them - no soul. They act on pure instinct and have no thoughts of their own and cannot speak.
The only thing you must teach your young is to recognise me, which should be fairly easy to do, thanks to the markings on my fur. Make sure your herd recognises my scent and the sound of my voice; mine and only mine. other predators that may stumble through the portal that you just walked through wont be like me, although I will try to alter their ways of thinking."
She paused.
"I am talking to much. I understand your concern. You need not let your herd trust any other predator in Cynosure other than me. Now," She stood up, being sure to look down at the ground as she did, so as not to startle the horse. She looked back up at the Stallion "Will you lead your herd to Cynosure?"
She considered this for a moment.
"Also, I don't think you told me your name. May I ask what it is?" She tilted her head slightly to the left, a habit of curiosity.

10Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Tue 27 Mar 2012, 20:51

HorseFreak

HorseFreak

"My name is Flight of Destiny, but Destiny for short. I will lead my herd into Cynosure". He turned and cantered back through the portal. He quickly told them what was happening. Syantha lead the way in. The herd emerged from the portal and into The Grey. "You must only trust her and no other stranger or predator." The foals hid behind their mothers once Diara came into view.

One brave foal walked towards Diara and sniffed her. He bowed to Diara. The other foals took followed pursuit after the brave youngster.

11Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Wed 28 Mar 2012, 01:02

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

Daira watched as Destiny turned and cantered through the portal, disappearing out of sight. She let the tickle at the back of her mind, along with the static flowing through her fur, fade and waited patiently for him to return.
Yet again, the sensation at the back of her mind started again suddenly and as a mare stepped through, electricity once again rolled through her fur. The two sensations grew stronger as the entire herd followed by Destiny came troting through the portal.
After Destiny explained who to trust, Daira only expected the foals to tremble with fear. What she didnt expect was for one brave youngster to stand grass blades away, sniff her and bow infront of her. Bringing more surprise, the rest of the foals did the same, a crowd forming in front of her.
Looking at them in bewilderment for a moment, her mind scrambled at what to do. Coming to an answer, she slightly lowered the front half of her body and bowed her head to them. Rising up, she spoke to them all.
"Do you trust me to lead you all safely to Cynosure, my land?"

12Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Thu 29 Mar 2012, 17:32

HorseFreak

HorseFreak

"Yes" they all said it at once. The mares gathered themselves into a tear drop shape with the foals protected in the middle. Once they were ready Syantha said "We are ready to go". Destiny studied the herd looking for any weak spots. Once Destiny was content he positioned himself behind the herd to urge any stragglers on.

13Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Thu 29 Mar 2012, 19:22

Happy Chappy

Happy Chappy

Syantha inside was scared. She was scared of putting her foals at risk, scared about what the foals would really think. "Destiny" she whispered. When Destiny appeared by her side and looked down at her. "What is it my love?" he said quietly. "Are you sure we can trust her?" she whispered, "I am still a bit suspicious, but I will do all I can do to protect you" he said. He nuzzeled her and walk off.

(HorseFreak is at my house so she is being Destiny)

14Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Thu 29 Mar 2012, 19:28

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

When they finished making their formation, as strange as it looked to Daira, she turned around and walked way, leaving them to follow her.
The way out of The Grey, although fairly simple, was only possible for Daira to use. Being so, she must hold the doorway open for them to pass through.
She didn't have to walk far to open the doorway; she didn't even have to move, Daira could have opened it anywhere. She stopped some way away from the portal and lifted a paw. She wiped the air with it, and where she wiped, a little bit more of a picture of a beautiful waterfall appeared out of thin air. Once she had made it wide enough, Daira stepped to one side, standing half in the picture, half in The Grey.
"This is Bilmend Falls. It is the most beautiful waterfall in all of Cynosure. I thought that this would be the most appropriate place to bring you to first."
A pleasant breeze floated through into The Grey, ruffling Daira's fur.

(thats fine. Hope you two are enjoying yourselves! But remember to put a link at the bottom of your post when you move locations to the topic you moved to in the new location)

15Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Mon 02 Apr 2012, 19:17

Happy Chappy

Happy Chappy

Syantha stepped tentatively into Bilmend falls. She looked around the falls. She saw lush green grass and the trees. She could hear the water crashing down. she felt a sudden joy. She kicked up her heels and galloped of towards the falls. She heard one mare squeal in delight and raced of after Syantha. She heard the others coming after her.

(umm i think this is it
https://cynosure-creatures.rpg-board.net/f3-bilmend-falls )

16Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Mon 02 Apr 2012, 21:27

HorseFreak

HorseFreak

Destiny hesitated, he wanted to gallop after them.
"Thank you, my queen" he bowed to her. H e looked around his surroundings. I have to explore these parts and get to know where I am in case of emergencies.He walked towards the waterfall and took a sip of the cool water. He let the refreshing water trickle down his throat. He watched his herd play, he walked back to Diara. He wanted to be with them and play but he felt he had to be with her until she left. Without noticing his body language showed his muscles tensed.

17Wandering around The Grey Empty Re: Wandering around The Grey Mon 02 Apr 2012, 21:33

CynosureC_Admin

CynosureC_Admin
Admin
Admin

Daira waited for all the herd to go through, including Destiny. She watched them all frollicing around the water fall, leaping with glee. When Destiny returned to her side, she looked at him.
"Go. Be with your herd. I am simpley holding the door open. I will close it then join you."
She waited for Destiny to return to his herd, so she did not accidentally trap him in The Grey.

(Close! You linked to the forum, rather than a topic. [It goes like this, in order of the pyramid: the main site > catagories > forums > topics > posts. There are more posts than forums, more forums than catagories, etc.] I will make a topic and link you to it, by editing this post.)

(Here it is: https://cynosure-creatures.rpg-board.net/t20-destiny-syantha-and-herd-by-the-falls#36 )

Last edited by CynosureC_Admin on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 21:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To add the link to the new area.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]